Lead Designer, UI/UX
At Global Savings Group, we provide our White Label partnerships with a product that serves coupon users needs while adding value and revenue to media platforms across the globe. As the lead designer for this project, I was tasked to evaluate one of our themes and optimize it for higher conversion and improved user experience.
ProblemWe need to optimize an older theme's design in order to improve overall look and feel.
- Visual Update: Bring visual design up to date with current trends
- Keep the Good: Elevate what's working for our current Theme
- Brand Representation: Opportunity to integrate our partner's brand through the UI
- Clarity: Provide better user experience through our content and information
- Content Flexibility: Accommodate to 'SEO needs' with new widgets
Process1. Assessing the previous design: What elements hinder the user from acquiring the information they need?
2. Conducting Usability Tests: The considerations I made were mostly in readability and content of the vouchers, so we conducted a usability test to see how quickly users can spot the correct voucher they need from the redesign vs. the old design.
3. Executing the new design system per component.
SolutionA designed solution that encompasses a bold UI while improving estate and offer readability to the user. As far as the design system, we created a scalable UI system that would tie the product closely to the partner's brand, creating visual consistency and coherence with the entire platform. Some improvements include:
- Well-considered responsive design for multiple breakpoints
- Cleaner, reigned-in typographic treatment
- Keeping boldness and adding vibrancy in the UI
- Flexibility with SEO content
- Brand elevating image and color options
- Space-conscious (from cards to list) to add visibility towards voucher offers